What's new

site to site VPN question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kabrera

New Around Here
I setup OpenVPN server to client and client to server on 2x 68u with Firmware:380.65 routers.. I can't narrow it down but the VPN connection drops even though it says connected in the status screen.

the only way I can access the resources again is by turning the client OFF and then back ON.

is there a way to setup the VPN to keep the connection up all the time, or find out why its dropping the connection and thinking it still up?

I did not add any manual routes, all I did is create a VPN connection with User authentication and imported the Openvpn config to the other router.

is there a better way to implement this setup?
o_O

I setup OpenVPN server to client and client to server on 2x 68u with Firmware:380.65 routers.. I can't narrow it down but the VPN connection drops even though it says connected in the status screen.

the only way I can access the resources again is by turning the client OFF and then back ON.

is there a way to setup the VPN to keep the connection up all the time, or find out why its dropping the connection and thinking it still up?

I did not add any manual routes, all I did is create a VPN connection with User authentication and imported the Openvpn config to the other router.

is there a better way to implement this setup?
o_O
BUMP..

any solution to the VPN connection not working even though it says connected?? I have to turn off the connection and back on to get it working again.
can anyone shed some light before I try to revert to other firmwares to test this function and see if its a bug or config issue!