What's new

Sky-Q connected via Ethernet fails every 30 seconds with Asuswrt-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Doverton

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have just got Sky-Q in the UK and it requires a connection to the internet. ideally it wants a Sky Broadband connection, but I do not have Sky BB. My Internet connection is fronted by my Asus-3200.

If the Sky-Q box connects (via wifi or ethernet) to the AC-3200 then it says it has a problem connecting to the internet every 30 seconds. If I put in a vanilla device with no customisation, then the connection remains. There are a number of known issues with smarter switches. Has anyone worked around this?

Looking at the logs, I can't see any obvious drops except for a message that says...
kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

I've turned on and off STP and it makes no difference to the message. Apparently the Sky box creates it own mesh and hides behind a single Mac address.

Any clues welcome.

thanks

Go into the install menu in the Sky Q box and disable the 2.4 and 5Ghz radios (having set it up with ethernet network).
My Sky Q Silver 2TB, Sky Q mini and Asus Merlin router to TalkTalk and with AiMesh nodes for good measure works fine like this.
I had no end of problems when the Sky Q was still trying to do its own Wi-fi tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!