What's new

Slow speeds with New Asus RT-N66U. Can't figure out why?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tekboi

New Around Here
So, I recently decided to give my linksys e4200 router to my mother so she could use. I decided to buy the Asus RT-N66U but after setting it up I noticed that the speeds were horribly slow.

I usually pull about 9Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. I have no idea whats wrong. The firmware has been updated to the latest one. And nothing has change since I had my linksys.

I'm on my College Campus. So they are my ISP. But IT Help on campus had absolutely no clue what to do. What could be the problem?

So, I recently decided to give my linksys e4200 router to my mother so she could use. I decided to buy the Asus RT-N66U but after setting it up I noticed that the speeds were horribly slow.

I usually pull about 9Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. I have no idea whats wrong. The firmware has been updated to the latest one. And nothing has change since I had my linksys.

I'm on my College Campus. So they are my ISP. But IT Help on campus had absolutely no clue what to do. What could be the problem?

Are you connecting with more than one device?

The reason I ask is I was seeing something similar. I finally noticed that the issue did not present itself with my wife's laptop nor with a laptop I brought home from work one night. Both of those devices connected just fine with "normal" speeds.

However my laptop was only getting 1/4 to 1/2 of "normal." After updating the drivers, doing some other investigating, etc....I finally purchased an inexpensive N usb wireless dongle. Using it speeds are "normal" on my laptop.