What's new

Slow WEB UI.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigART71

New Around Here
Hi all,

I have 3 AC66U routers.

Router 1: 192.168.3.1
Router 2: connected to router 1 wan to lan. 192.168.4.1
Router 3: connected to router 2 wan to lan. 192.168.5.1

I have Router 1 and 2 static routes to login to any router from anywhere on my network.

If I install Merlin on all 3 routers it makes the web ui on router 3 extremely slow and unresponsive to access from router 1 on the network. If I'm on wifi on router 3 it is no issue however.

I'm running router 1 on Merlin and routers 2 and 3 are on ASUS currently and there are no problems at all. It seems to me the slow access to router 3 started when I put Merlin on router 2.

Anyone have a clue as to what is causing the slow web ui?

From what Asus firmware version to which RMerlin firmware version?

Did you do a reset to factory defaults along with a manual and minimal configuration to secure the route(s) and connect it to your ISP?

What browser are you using? What A/V are you using?

All the above (and more) can impact the issues you are facing.

I was using the 3.0.0.4_378_6117 and went to the 378.54_2. Reset and all as recommended.

When I tried putting the 3rd router back to the ASUS it made no difference. When I put the 2nd router back to ASUS I was able to access the 3rd router just fine again. Basic configuration except for the DHCP, static routes and SSID's.

I'm not sure what you mean by A/V unless you mean audio/video. I'm not using it for that other than directv. I do not use DLNA or anything like that.

A/V is anti virus software. What are you using?

You might have to possibly dig deeper than simply disabling AVG. Actively allow some ports or programs to pass through uninterrupted or actually uninstall it to see if that was the issue.

It only uses port 80 as far as I know, but I can try uninstalling avg. If it is and I only use the anti-virus part, how would I go about allowing the web ui to pass through? It's weird that it will do it with ASUS software, but not Merlin.

I tried uninstalling AVG. It has made no difference.

Now that 378.55 is out I tried installing it on my 5.1 router. Works, access is fine no sluggishness. I installed it on my 4.1 router that precedes my 5.1 and now 5.1 access is sluggish again. This is darn confusing!

I've pinged 5.1 and it pings all less than 1ms. Just webui access is really slow.

Last edited:
Got another update.

If I disable the firewall on 4.1 I can access 5.1 no problem at all. With the firewall enabled it's slow to no response.

If I put the ASUS firmware back on it works fine as well, firewall on or off.

What would cause this and how can I fix it?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!