What's new

Smb.conf 384.6 AC68 Windows 10 Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nunoww

New Around Here
Hello, need some help.

Since latest windows update i cant access my drives plugged to 68U at windows 10!

Someone that had the same problem after windows update told to add this line to smb.conf:

in the global section

[global]

max protocol = nt1

But...i´ve no idea how to add this ! Can anyone point me a tutorial? Don´t know how to access my router smb.conf! Before this update i only had to enable some smb settings at windows features and all drives show, but this time is not working!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Since latest windows update...
This is a known issue. Microsoft disabled SMBv1 in Windows 10. You should still be able to connect directly to the shared folders using their UNC (i.e. \\ComputerName\SharedFolder\Resource). If you want to be able the view the folders in Windows explorer you need to re-enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client feature.

Untitled.png

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/my-cloud-mirror-gen2-and-windows-10.47636/#post-416272

9LkuPRx.png

yeah, that´s the first thing i do after clean install! but since latest update this week it´s not showing =/
like i said, i read other forum a comment, and this guy said exactly this, that i need to add this line to NAS smb.conf
but i have no idea how with ac68u merlim!

[global]

max protocol = nt1

Just log into the router and go to USB Application > Network Place(Samba) Share / Cloud Disk and select the SMBv1 protocol. That will create that line for you.

Win 10 updated tonight and turned off SMB1. Thanks MS!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk