What's new

So there's no VPN tab in AP Mode? Then how do I...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

biggzsizzle

Occasional Visitor
Set up my AC68U to utilize NordVPN servers...

I'm sorry guys, but I've been searching for too long and the search terms are just too generalized to get a specific answer on this.

I'm running the latest firmware on both AC68U (AP mode) and AC1900P (AiMesh node).

Is there a way to run my AC68U in AP mode, with an AC1900P in AiMesh, that I can use an .ovpn file (or the information in said file) to connect as a client and protect everything in my network behind these devices?

I found that even through IPpassthrough, my ATT fiber service throttles my speeds behind my equipment,..
Putting my AC68U in AP Mode, I get my speeds back,...
I don't know or understand why, but it works. In wireless router mode, my 1000Mb service drops to around 80-120Mb service.

So now that I have my speeds restored, I see in AP Mode, there's no "VPN" tab in the interface where I can configure my client..

WTF.png

So what are my choices here?? I'm paying for NordVPN and I can't use it the way I intended to..

Please help, I'm not a total n00b here, I just need some guidance.

Thanks in advance!

The VPN client works by routing the client's traffic to the VPN provider. Therefore the router must be in "router mode" for it to work.

So it's either I have anonymity that I pay for or I have the high speeds that I pay for??
I can't have both??

There's no "work-around"??

There's no "work-around"??
Double NAT your AC68 behind your primary router and you can do what you want. The double NAT won't negatively impact bandwidth or speeds but as previously mentioned the VPN on an AC68 will limit your speeds.

Attachments

• How to double NAT two routers.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 793
I mean, I typically run the VPN client when I uh,...WANT Something from the internet, know what I mean? lol So the VPN running constantly is not MY goal in particular,...so YES, I know and understand about the VPN speed drop,... It's for other reasons, such as streaming, media sharing, general web browsing and gaming are the reasons I need the speed I'm paying for. All I'm saying is, if the only way I can see those speeds behind these routers is for one to be in AP Mode; wired directly to my modem,... then that's acceptable, I just want to be able to use the OpenVPN client that's normally in the web interface (or use it some manner at all either by scripting or whatever).. I just would like the functionality back

... I just want to be able to use the OpenVPN client that's normally in the web interface (or use it some manner at all either by scripting or whatever).. I just would like the functionality back
As I said, the VPN client functionality is a function of routing therefore it must be in router mode.

Personally I don't use the VPN client on the router. If I need to "get" something I use the NordVPN client on my PC.

As I said, the VPN client functionality is a function of routing therefore it must be in router mode.

Personally I don't use the VPN client on the router. If I need to "get" something I use the NordVPN client on my PC.
I had not thought of this,...:D

<idiot>
"biggzsizzle"
</idiot>

Thanks!;)
I owe u a beer!