What's new

SOLVED: Not forwarding IPV6 traffic in access point mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pilotboy72

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

I have an AC5300 running Merlin 380_57 as my main router. This router is getting an IPV6 address from Comcast, and any device connected to it either via wired or wireless connection can communicate via IPV6 to other devices on my network and on the Internet.

I have an AC3200, also running Merlin 380_57, running as an access point (access point mode connected via wired connection to my AC5300). When devices are connected to the 3200, either via wired or wireless, there is no IPV6 connectivity. These devices do not get an IPV6 address at all. I've looked at ip6tables output on the 3200 and it's set to allow all traffic.

Has anyone else seen this or know how I can IPV6 traffic passed across the access point?

Brian

Found the issue. Traffic was also going through a managed switch that was suppressing MLD messages. Turning off MLD message snooping solved the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!