What's new

Some newbie questions and a small bug

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

estesbubba

New Around Here
I got a RT-AC3100 and installed the Merlin firmware 382.1_2 after a day with it and it's been working great. I do have some questions and found a minor bug.

1. First the minor bug. Go to Traffic Analyzer -> Statistic and select show by Weekly. The graph actually shows the dates off by a day. Last date field shows today, but if you go into it and reselect today the graph is correct.

2. I enabled saving stats to a 2GB USB. What is the recommended USB size for stats?

3. Traffic Analyzer -> Traffic Monitor -> Global Monthly doesn't show any data. I've only been using Merlin for 3 days should I have any data here yet?

4. The iOS mobile app showed the real-time traffic stats on the Devices tab with the ASUS firmware but no longer does with Merlin. Didn't know if this is a bug, configuration issue on my end, or not possible with Merlin?

5. In Adaptive QoS my gauges were at 100M but now at 1000M. Since I have an 80/10 connection is there any way to change them back to 100M?

6. I have a solid 80/10 DSL connection with CenturyLink and get 1% above that when my internet is idle. I've been reading on Adaptive QoS and bufferbloat and have these settings for my DSL:
Type: Adaptive QoS
Bandwidth: Manual
Discipline: fq_codel
WAN overhead: 27, ATM unchecked (don't know if this should be or not)
Upload: 9.5 mbps (I would get more bufferbloat when set to 10)
Download: 79
Media Streaming mode (we use Vue TV)

Anything above I should change or looking at my results below should I call it good?
28727641.png

7. I see a lot of these in my log. I've read suggestions on other threads to try and stop it but no luck. Is there a known way to get rid or them or just ignore?
Jan 21 09:40:01 kernel: ERR[set_app_info_qos_meta:3361] It's a paid app, please assign a default bandwidth!

8. Sometimes when there is no traffic my CPU cores will go from 0-10% to 50-60% for a while. Is this normal?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I hate to bump threads but can I get at least one question answered so I feel good about all my typing...:D