What's new

Sorry guys...Another paralysis by analysis post. Can't access RT86U GUI after Merlin flash.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kalexan9

New Around Here
I flashed Merlin 384.15_0 last night and it changed my router ip from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.50.1 ....I expected this and just figured I'd change it back.....IF I COULD ONLY ACCESS THE GUI. Keep getting time out errors. I've tried 192.168.50.1, 192.168.50.1:8443, Asus app, and chrome/ie. My laptop and Galaxy Note8 can see the 2.4 and 5ghz bands being broadcast but I cannot connect to the GUI. Flashed Merlin years ago onto various routers but never had an issue like this. Any suggestions?

Flashing my firmware will not change the IP address - doing a factory default reset would.

Download Asus's Device Finder from their support site and use it to locate the device.

I flashed Merlin 384.15_0 last night and it changed my router ip from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.50.1 ....I expected this and just figured I'd change it back.....IF I COULD ONLY ACCESS THE GUI. Keep getting time out errors. I've tried 192.168.50.1, 192.168.50.1:8443, Asus app, and chrome/ie. My laptop and Galaxy Note8 can see the 2.4 and 5ghz bands being broadcast but I cannot connect to the GUI. Flashed Merlin years ago onto various routers but never had an issue like this. Any suggestions?
try http://router.asus.com

Flashing my firmware will not change the IP address - doing a factory default reset would.

Download Asus's Device Finder from their support site and use it to locate the device.
Thanks RMerlin and bluepoint for your replies. Sorry RMerlin...I failed to point out that I did a factory reset on the router afterwards. Just got home from work and was somehow able to login on using another computer. First thing I did was enable ssh like I read in another post to at least give myself a chance should this happen again. Gonna attempt to go back to xxx.xxx.1.1 to xxx.xxx.50.1