What's new

Split traffic over multiple VPNs?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iyoti

New Around Here
Hi

I'm running Merlin, and have set up a number of VPNs within my config. Each one seems to work when switched on, and all traffic routes through whichever is active.

The software allows multiple VPNs to be "active" at any point, but traffic only seems to route through the first one. This got me thinking; would it be possible to have different clients on my network active over different VPNs? For instance, could I have my laptop running over one VPN, and my phone over another, and have my TV playing Netflix over a third (or, better, none at all)?

If this is possible, how would I approach this? I can see that I can define certain routes over VPNs, but it would seem that it's limited to destination IPs. I'm wondering if I can say "internal IP 1 maps to VPN1, internal IP 2 maps to VPN2, everything else goes over the open internet". Would this be possible?