What's new

ssh quiet ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HuskyHerder

Is there a quiet option, when using ssh from my router (merlin) to my Mac @home, (all LAN) ? I already have automatic ssh working from the router to the Mac (key based, without password and no user interaction needed). Thanks to @JDB for the Merlin router <> AiMesh router help. It was invaluable on the Mac setup.

I am adding some logging to a custom file synced via my Dropbox account. I have had bad results trying to use the ASUS Dropbox syncing. So, I am sending "my script" logging to my always on Mac, w/ Dropbox. I am much happier, and have logging, available when I travel. I know maybe reinventing the wheel, but its been a great learn for me, except for this.

I want to silence the "Host IP key accepted unconditionally" "(....fingerprint ........)" portion, after a section of the script runs. If it's possible ?

This is what I am using. *Generic code idea used to create a very early version of my script. My actual code is working every time.

Generic
Code:
echo "$DATE LEDs on." | ssh -y -i /jffs/configs/.ssh/id_rsa USER@STATICIP "  \
"cat >> /Users/MYUSER/Dropbox/Shared/test.txt"

Current
Code:
echo "$DATE LEDs on." | $MACSSH "cat >> "$MBUL1""

I tried -q with no success (illegal option or similar error), maybe someone has an idea? My Google fu is failing me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!