What's new

SSH to Router Tutorial - Library|Coffee

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KindaNeutek

New Around Here
THIS IS THE TUTORIAL I ATTEMPTED AND WAS UNSUCCESSFUL COMPLETING:

http://www.howtogeek.com/68061/setup-ssh-on-your-router-for-secure-web-access-from-anywhere/

So now I am here trying to learn from those whom are much more knowledgeable in networking. And so I Just signed up and thought I try here and continue to learn :}

Just flashed version "3.0.0.4.376.48_3" and trying to figure out how to correctly SSH with public and private keys. My wife is constantly on the go with her laptop and connecting to to various public free WiFi spots. Although I have explained to her the vulnerabilities out there, she just don't get it. That said, I made an attempt to follow this SSH tutorial and cannot get it to work correctly. I am, however, able to connect to my router via SSH when connected locally.

Essentially, this tutorial explains on how to setup Putty on the client and have the ability to SSH from a coffee shop, for example, and use your home internet vice the theirs. Is there any tutorials out there that will help me setup an SSH connection with Putty (or similar) while going though my Asus router?

By following this PICTURE tutorial, I got only up to this point and could not make it past this part where it say's: "Double check that an entry has appeared in the Forwarded Ports box."

Sorry for the long post :{

Any help or advice on how to successfully SSH from a coffee or library shop to my home Asus router using Putty or something similar is appreciated. I will even respect another link to read to learn more on my own.

Thank you!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!