What's new

SSHFS for AC56U ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

im using quite a bit optware stuff,is there a way to use entware parallel or get only one entware package alone ?
Or.. can I still use the optware packages(which are NOT available on entware) when changing over to entware ?

im using quite a bit optware stuff,is there a way to use entware parallel or get only one entware package alone ?
Or.. can I still use the optware packages(which are NOT available on entware) when changing over to entware ?
The definitive answer:
“You can't have both Optware(and/or Download Master) and Entware configured at the sametime, they are mutually exclusive.”
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-51-beta-1-is-out.23077/page-6#post-169976

ok,but can I switch to entware,and then i.e. manually transfer transmission from the backuped optware folder into entware ?
I mean opt/ent ware are just package managers right ?
If I transfer transmissions files correctly (libraries to libraries /bin to bin / and so on...) can I still use it under entware ?
or ,as Im only needing ONE entware package => can I get the sshfs entware package,and extract/install it manually into optware ?

ok,but can I switch to entware,and then i.e. manually transfer transmission from the backuped optware folder into entware ?
If I transfer transmissions files correctly (libraries to libraries /bin to bin / and so on...) can I still use it under entware ?
or ,as Im only needing ONE entware package => can I get the sshfs entware package,and extract/install it manually into optware ?

I don't think that will work. Try the following.

• Backup your files from the jffs partition and from your USB drive.
  • Remove/uninstall all scripts/processes currently running from your USB drive.
  • Safely remove your USB drive and format it on a computer (NTFS).
  • Select 'Format jffs partition on next reboot' and then reboot three times in the next 15 minutes or so, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.
  • Install amtm
  • Insert the USB drive and format with amtm to Ext4 with journaling. Make sure you give the USB drive a Label too.
  • Create a swap file on the USB drive, using amtm.
  • Using amtm, enable the disk checker utility.
  • Install Diversion and let it install Entware and pixelserv-tls too. You can disable Diversion later if you don't want to use it.
  • Exit amtm and enter 'opkg install sshfs'.
  • See the following link to properly install Transmission in Entware.
  • https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Installing-Transmission-through-Entware
After the above is installed and confirmed working, reboot the router and verify it continues to do so.

None of hat works. It's either Optware or Entware you use.

Wrong. They are package managers for their own repositories. All the packages in those repositories are compiled to a specific environment (libraries, etc.).

That said, if transmission has a plain text config file you could probably copy that over to your new Entware environment with minimal editing.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!