What's new

SSID bug on firmware 384.12 on RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gary Atkinson

New Around Here
Hi,

I did search for this issue and couldn't find any reference but if there is already a thread, please direct me to it.

I have an RT-AC3200 running 384.12. I have 3 wireless networks for the three radios with distinct SSIDs. However, irrespective of which radio I choose in the Wireless settings page, it shows the same SSID as the 5GHz-2 radio. I thought it might be a display issue but if I switch radio, to say 2.4GHz, and then click apply at the bottom, the SSID will then be changed to that of the 5GHz-2 radio and it will also have the password of that radio.

This screenshot shows the 2.4GHz radio (which should be MXwlan2019 as displayed at the very top) but it is showing the SSID details of the 5GHz-2 radio.

Any ideas? Could it be a config issue or is it a bug?

TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 12.11.07.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 12.11.07.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 351
Try a different browser. It could be your browser auto-filling the field with the wrong information. Due to the way that page works, it's highly unlikely to be possible for such a mix-up to even happen, since all instanced settings are recopied, therefore if there was an issue, then ALL the settings on the page would be the wrong ones.

Turn off "Auto fill" in your browser , that causes problems like this.

I use the same router/firmware/WiFi setup and don't have this SSID issue.

Try a different browser. It could be your browser auto-filling the field with the wrong information. Due to the way that page works, it's highly unlikely to be possible for such a mix-up to even happen, since all instanced settings are recopied, therefore if there was an issue, then ALL the settings on the page would be the wrong ones.

Spot on. I have a password manager (Lastpass) and because it has my wireless network passwords stored, it was autofilling. Turned the autofill off and it is fine now.

Thanks for your help. Love the firmware by the way.

G