What's new

Solved - SSID for VPN and SSID for Regular ISP using OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adid

New Around Here
Hi,

I would really appreciate some help here. I need to setup a Wlan which will go over VPN
while all other Wlans would go over ISP. I activated my VPN and a guest 2.4 Wlan
and then I used :
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-me...or-VPN-and-SSID-for-Regular-ISP-using-OpenVPN.

Unfortunately the above didn't work for me :( While I can see that the host
connecting to the guest wlan is assigned an ip from the range I have specified for use for this wlan
in the dnsmasq, the host is unable to access the internet. One the other hand for the rest of the
wlan's which are supposed to be served by the ISP I get some erratic behavior where sometimes
they do get served by the ISP while others from the tunnel.

Has anybody else tried the scripts above ? Any clues on why it's not working or what to check ?
This is on RT-AC68U and Asus Marlin 380.57

Last edited:
I use the script approach to have a VPN WLAN setup in parallel to the normal WLAN.

Looks like the source of the issue is the DNS setup:
- Did you enable/use the VPN option "Accept DNS Configuration"? I have chosen "disabled".
- I use dnscrypt-proxy to have a DNS setup for clients not using VPN and also use it for VPN connections.

With this options my VPN WLAN works well... :rolleyes:
Was also recently discussed here.

Last edited:
I use the script approach to have a VPN WLAN setup in parallel to the normal WLAN.

Looks like the source of the issue is the DNS setup:
- Did you enable/use the VPN option "Accept DNS Configuration"? I have chosen "disabled".
- I use dnscrypt-proxy to have a DNS setup for clients not using VPN and also use it for VPN connections.

With this options my VPN WLAN works well... :rolleyes:
Was also recently discussed here.

Thanks for the hints ! I played around with the Accept DNS option but nothing changed.
In my case it seems the whole script is not working as it should. Most of the time the ones that should go over ISP
go over VPN and the ones that go over VPN they don't have access to internet :(
Something really fishy here...any other ideas?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!