What's new

Strange

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stardust

Regular Contributor
Hey all.

I generally like Merlin's 380.69 on my AC68U, but some strange happened. Some websites, including dr.dk (Danish national TV/radio/web) was blocked by this firmware.

I went back to stock ASUS 384.X and no blocking.

What happened and what can I do to stop Merlin's version in blocking?

Regards

John

The firmware isn't blocking anything unless you tell it to. Chances are your ISP gave you an IP that's blacklisted.

Blacklist a national public website? sounds very strange to me still... But possible,
I live in Czech Republic and dr.dk is in Denmark...

Blacklist a national public website? sounds very strange to me still... But possible,
I live in Czech Republic and dr.dk is in Denmark...
Not what he said....
He meant that your ISP assigned you an IP address that was blacklisted by dr.dk (and probably others...somebody that had the address before you was not behaving)

Each time your reboot the router, you may get a different WAN IP address.

OK thank for info. I have no directly WAN to the Internet. I got a 192.168.x.y WAN IP to my ISP.
Right now i got 192.168.23.135 WAN IP on my router.
From grc.com I got the WAN IP address: 217.x.y.z

I wait and see what Merlin's 382.x does when it is stable.

Regards

OK thank for info. I have no directly WAN to the Internet. I got a 192.168.x.y WAN IP to my ISP.
Right now i got 192.168.23.135 WAN IP on my router.
From grc.com I got the WAN IP address: 217.x.y.z

I wait and see what Merlin's 382.x does when it is stable.

Regards
... you are on intranet .... your isp is cheating on you.. lol..
Imagine the number of customer from this isp sharing that ip and abusing it.. high chance it get blacklisted.

I know.. Now I have mailed ISP regarding this. Might change ISP. Have very cheap connection right now. But the problem with abusing the IP is important.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!