What's new

Suggested stable firmware for RT-N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NicholasDM

New Around Here
For those of you out there that live to test new firmware for these routers, what is the latest stable firmware that you would suggest for the N66U?

Currently I'm using 3.0.0.4.374_2239 because at the time it was the most stable for the wireless radios and solved some of the problems I was having, but I see that they're up to revision 3.0.0.4.378 now. I'm in the process of moving and rebuilding my network, so if a newer firmware is available that fixes all of the old problems, I'd probably jump on it.

Thank you for your suggestions.

EDIT: Fixed my glaring oversight in the version number. I think I just transposed the '8' in 378 to 3.0.0.8...

Last edited:
For those of you out there that live to test new firmware for these routers, what is the latest stable firmware that you would suggest for the N66U?
Hi,

When stability counts, only Merlin's firmware can be the right choice!
Have a look on this static posting with the charta for his work.

By the way do not think to stay on the "last good version" for ever, update to the latest Merlin version as soon as it's available!

With kind regards
Joe

HEY i was mad about the wifi for a while... but the July (newest) works great....

The RT-N66U's CPU will get PEGGED @ 100% IF you turn the minidlna server on wile it looks through 4TBs of USB media.....

Otherwise ive been using it as an SMB "NAS" for ASUS TF300T wifi "N" tablet can stream 1080p DTS fine (not DTS-HD so well... reports 72mbit on Android AND on DHCP... but macbook air on 5G N is blazing.... just remember to do a full factory reset if going from a lower version... http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8n8j4vq5a8tbzs/RT-N66U_378.55_0.zip It's fine the 5G is great the 2.4 to a asus rooted N TF300T could be better but maybe it is the rom?? If it sux, factory reset and throw in an "ASUS Official FW", then go bak to a Merlin that you like(d). It won't BRiCK the rtr.... IDK if i care what the CPU is doing but as it made a "minidnla" dir on my USB drives it was struggling, so i turned it off and rebooted. It is what it is--- it's an "N" chip not AC.... I'm just glad i can kill the blue lights.

ring

OR that "John" guy has a FORK that has the older kinda faster wifi driver idk the link but its on snb

Not to Diss Merlin he is doing a LOT of AC rtr's over the RT-N66x

Thaks, Merlin---I couldn't FRD port 5900 to LAN for VNC... any ideas?? The DMZ worked but....

PEACE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!