What's new

switched from TP-LINK AV600 TL-PA6010 to AV1200 TL-PA8010

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ct1615

Regular Contributor
An FYI for anyone looking to make the switch;

So I made the switch from the TP-link AV600 to the AV1200 (I believe both are reviewed on SNB). My ISP is 60mbs down and 10mbs up with one powerline adapter in the family room next to the router & modem and the second powerline adapter one floor up in a master bedroom above the garage (25-30ft in a straight line).

Using speedtest on my ethernet connected roku2 (connected to the powerline adapter) the AV600 kit was giving me 20-23mbs from three different speedtest server locations. Switching to the AV1200 kit speedtest was showing 55-62mbs from two of the servers while the third remained at 20-23mbs (upstream issue??). I plugged a surge protector into each power adapter and retested, speeds were 55-58mbs on the first two server locations while the third remained at 20-23mbs.

One con; the AV1200 are huge compared the AV600, easily three times bigger in size. They also block the upper outlet when set on the lower outlet.