What's new

Synology DSM Android Access Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shaun4BigBlocks

New Around Here
When I remote in to my Synology through one of my Linux, Windows, or Apple terminals all is good. When I try to use Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Beta on my Android devices I start running into problems.

I can log in with mobile mode, but then the screen is greyed out. I can also not pinch to zoom in mobile mode. I can force a desktop environment at which point everything on the surface works and looks fine. The issue is that I can not pinch to zoom. I would have to use like a micro stylus or something for selection- not going to happen. If I put the device in landscape orientation, I can now use my finger to select, but I can still not pinch to zoom and DSM does not offer a slider- so I can not browse down to see folders/files lower on my file tree.

I remember back in the day when you could just go into most bobile browser's setting and manually override website pinch to zoom settings. It has been a long while since I have had to do that, as pretty much everything I use on Android pinch to zoom pretty much just works as it should.

Granted I have not spent a lot of time on this, such as searching for an about:config option for example. I was kind of hoping someone has already had and resolved this issue, as my free time to screw with this is limited at the moment...