What's new

T Mobile AC 1900 router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jontalk

Does anyone know if these a tree are worth owning as a standard router when not using it for Wifi calling? From what I know this is an AC 68U that has custom firmware. I'm not a router geek but have seen these brand new at good prices making it attractive. T Mobile charges $100 for them which is far better than the usual price but I don't need any problems. Thanks

They are fine to use. The only issue people have is that T-Mobile, like Comcast, tries to expand it's coverage area for it's cell phone users by hoping enough of these routers are out there to connect to in areas T-Mobile has weak cell signals. Also T-Mobile locks down the router firmware to ones they use, which supposedly are "optimized" for their voice over wifi (aka wifi calling).

With some work these routers can be made to accept Merlin's or Asus' firmware.

I have an Asus AC68P (Best Buy model with faster CPU speed) and got the T-Mobile AC1900 to use as a access point. Works great.

Sam

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!