What's new

Tested & recommended Miracast Receivers/ Adapter dongles to transmit from Notebook to TV?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crashnburn

Regular Contributor
Tested & recommended Miracast Receivers/ Adapter dongles to transmit from Notebook to TV?

I did look on Amazon. Some expensive branded ones and others inexpensive and still seem good.

But, I trust the experiences of people here more than general crowd on Amazon.

- Suggestions/ experiences with such?
- Are they all Wireless - N or some are AC? Pros and cons of getting an AC one?
- For now most support 1080p, but is there a higher res standard in the future / upcoming?
- Any higher Hz thing on them? i.e. 30 Hz vs 60 Hz in discussion when people talk 4K screens.
- Now HDMI 2.0 (allows 4k @ 60hz) and more Bandwidth
Some say they are HDMI 2.0 i.e. but is there any benefit if their Wireless / Miracast side cannot support the higher bandwidths/ limited to 1080p/ ...Hz?

Thoughts & experiences?

well are there other reviews of that device? A lot of reviews happen by the manufacturer sending them a sample to test. It is up to the manufacturer to do that and if not than the reviewer will have to purchase the device.

If it is one of those wireless displays than it doesnt fall under this website as it isnt networking.

What are you trying to stream? If it's web content, I recommend getting a Google Chromecast, then installing the Chromecast addon in Google Chrome. I use it often to stream web videos from my laptop into my TV. It's inexpensive and works quite reliably.

What are you trying to stream? If it's web content, I recommend getting a Google Chromecast, then installing the Chromecast addon in Google Chrome. I use it often to stream web videos from my laptop into my TV. It's inexpensive and works quite reliably.

Not Chrome cast, MiraCast - Intend to use any TV with HDMI as a Wireless Display from Laptop or whatever mobile devices have MiraCast. Replace HDMI cable.

Not Chrome cast, MiraCast - Intend to use any TV with HDMI as a Wireless Display from Laptop or whatever mobile devices have MiraCast. Replace HDMI cable.

I know the difference between both technologies. That's why I asked what specific content you needed to stream, as an inexpensive Chromecast is a much cheaper solution if the content you want streamed can be cast with a Chromecast. AFAIK, all Miracast clients are quite expensive, and the day you change to a new notebook, it might not be Miracast-capable.

I know the difference between both technologies. That's why I asked what specific content you needed to stream, as an inexpensive Chromecast is a much cheaper solution if the content you want streamed can be cast with a Chromecast. AFAIK, all Miracast clients are quite expensive, and the day you change to a new notebook, it might not be Miracast-capable.

I have 2 portables that are Miracast capable - Surface Pro 3 and a Toshiba laptop. As I mentioned above, I am not trying to stream YouTube or video as most Chromecasters do.. Not Media.. Intend to use it as an easy way to leverage TV as an External Monitor from a distance.. using my portables.

And I have seen the expensive ones online as well as the cheap chinese builds. I was hoping to see some actual comparative reviews since they involve some kind of Wireless Direct/ WiDi / Miracast technologies and I've not found any; Give to to Google & Apple to screw the "Wireless Casting" space.