What's new

Thanks for the forum software update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Hey @thiggins, thanks for the forum update, I like the fresh look.
And I'm finally able to ditch that dreaded Tapatalk app from my mobile phones, SNBForums now looks great on mobile too!

Despite the "heavier" content, the forums performance still seem as good, if not even better than before. That's with currently around 500 visitors online.

I had to adjust my avatar to the new round shape.

The layout looks good but I can't look at the forum unless I wear Raybans or turn on night mode, the definition is horrible.
Not sure what you mean. The colors are pretty much the same.

I'm with @AndreiV, love the new look and features (bookmarks look great) but boy is it bright!

How do I turn on night mode on this forum?

I'm undecided on the Facebook style reactions, but liking the new lick of paint overall!
I'm not sure what they all mean. One looks loke a duck that ate a human face.

The layout looks good but I can't look at the forum unless I wear Raybans or turn on night mode, the definition is horrible.

Another forum that I visit did the same upgrade a few years ago. I admit it took me a few days to get used to it, but that's mostly because it's a radical change from the old default style, so it took me some time. Overall, the new design is better in many ways.

Bummer, I used Tapatalk to view these forums 90% of the time.

All have mouse-over tooltips. But I suppose that doesn't help if you are using a touchscreen.
We will get used to them new things soon enough.

I only used Tapatalk for its convenience when I was away from my PC. I have other boards I access and it was just easier and quick to use Tapatalk. It was not ideal. Tapatalk is lacking in some features. For example, I could not see members signatures.

However, I do love the new forum software. Both in its looks and speed.

To that end, I have now have simply created a bookmark for SNB on my iDevices home screen. One press and I'm here. I guess my days using Tapatalk are nearing an end.

Thanks for the upgrade. It was the push I need to move on from Tapatalk.

Not sure what you mean. The colors are pretty much the same.

The large amount of very light real estate, it is too bright to be comfortable. I have viewed form 2 desktops and 2 laptops and it burns my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.