What's new

Thinking to try a pair of RT-AX92U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tarassippo

Regular Contributor
I'm thinking to get a pair of AX92U and I'm trying to underdtanding a few things:

1) is the WiFi backhaul using the second and faster 5GHz band?

2) 802.11ax is only for that second 5GHz band and not also for the 2.4GHz, is that right?

3) I will be using the WiFi backhaul, and is it possibile to use that 802.11ax band for clients too or it's exclusively reserved for the backhaul?

Tia.

Last edited:
Eventually I've got them and I'm testing, and not sure what to select for 5 GHz-2 band for Multi-User MIMO and for OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO, any suggestions?

ax92u.png

Tia.

Also, is there a way to see at what speed the (wireless) backhaul is connected between the two AX92U?

Last edited:
Anyone knows how to rename the router and the node? It seems they are both locked to "RT-AX92U", why we can't change the name??

1606935276550.png

1607810972568.png

Click AIMesh from the left hand menu, select the second node. On the right hand side select network. There you will find the connection speed info for all bands, including the backhaul.

The great thing about the AX92U is the default settings are good enough for most people. Out of the box you'll get 400mb/s on all your wifi 5 devices. Unless you have a specific need to change it, let the system automatically select the best speed for the backhaul. Same with wifi channels, everybody on here always says set your own channels however I can definitely state that the 92u always manages to find a clear channel.

The answer to question 3 is yes. You can enable client access to the AX (wifi6) channel, even if you use the wireless channel as a backhaul. It probably won't be very efficient (clients sharing the backhaul). If you want Wifi6 for your clients your best bet would be to run an ethernet cable and have the AX band exclusively for client access.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!