What's new

TimeMachine with encrypted disk?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MerlinUser84792

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
first of all many thanks for your great router software!! I'd like to use the TimeMachine feature, but I am facing the following problem - it's incapable of using an encrypted disk. Any chance this will be added in the following firmware version? Thanks!

Apple does a pretty good job of keeping things incompatible when they release updates. I would recommend you not use the time machine feature on the router, as it’s generally pretty problematic. Backups can corrupt over time (silently, at that). Not a great feature for a backup solution.

Apple does a pretty good job of keeping things incompatible when they release updates. I would recommend you not use the time machine feature on the router, as it’s generally pretty problematic. Backups can corrupt over time (silently, at that). Not a great feature for a backup solution.
Thanks for your reply! I have heard that also some kind of "NAS-based solution" works well with TimeMachine, is it true and if so how to enable it? Thank you. Or would the same problem (corruption of backups) also happen in case of NAS-based solutions?