What's new

TM AC1900 Drops Gigabit Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Krazy Wabbit

New Around Here
Hello

Have the Asus TM AC1900 from T-Mobile a few years back. I upgraded to Cox's Gigabit plan using their provided Arris TM3402A modem. Hooked everything up similar to the older modem. Fired up speedtest and was happy with the results.

Later in the day, everything stopped. Went through the usual resetting router/modem. Internet would come back and then stop at various times. Sometimes 5 min later sometimes 20 min, 60, it varied. I then removed the Asus from the equation. Ethernet from modem directly to a PC or PS4. No issues.

So, it appears it's the Asus router. I've read through the forums, searched google and you tube and looking for any suggestions that I might try setting wise on the Asus or do I just need to buy a new router.

Many thanks!

I don't have your exact setup of cable modem etc... but was just playing with configuring the TM-AC1900 for my friend to get it to convert to AC68U. So not sure if it would solve your problem.... with a newer firmware.

It's a weird firmware, I just finish converting it to AC68U. requires some fiddling. and risk of bricking your router though.... I got lucky, now its a regular AC68U running Asus merlin 380.69
one thing that wasn't mention was that if you were successful converting it back.... you are back at 2014 firmware, you have to progressively upgrade to current.I kept spending few hours trying to upgrade straight to 380.69 failed every time.... after the N-th try then it clicked.

I started with these link...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/u...ile-cell-spot-to-merlin-firmware-guide.28961/

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=73690012&postcount=3895

This was not exactly the youtube video... but similar enough.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!