What's new

TP-Link Announces Value Priced Archer A Series of Wi-Fi 5 Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
upload_2019-3-21_2-43-28.png
TP-Link is introducing a six-product Wi-Fi 5 Archer A wireless router family. Marketed as being priced 20% to 30% less than their competitors’ routers, the Archer A Series wireless routers range from $39.99 to $199.99 each.

Maximum link rates, interfaces, pricing and highlighted features for TP-Link’s Archer A Series include:
tplink-archer-a5-a6.jpg
  • Archer A5 AC1200 Wireless Dual-Band Router – 300 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps @ 5 GHz, five Gbps ports (four LAN, one WAN), $39.99.
    • Two external antennas
    • Access Point mode
    • Bandwidth Control
    • Parental Controls
    • Access Control
  • Archer A6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router – 300 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps @ 5 GHz, five Gbps ports (four LAN, one WAN), $49.99.
    • Four external antennas and one internal antenna
    • Beamforming
    • Access Point mode
tplink-archer-a7-a9.jpg
  • Archer A7 AC1750 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router – 450 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps @ 5 GHz, five Gbps ports (four LAN, one WAN) and one USB 2.0 port, $69.99.
    • Three fixed antennas
    • Quality of Service
    • Parental Controls
    • IPv6 Supported
  • Archer A9 AC1900 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router – 600 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps @ 5 GHz, five Gbps ports (four LAN, one WAN) and one USB 2.0 port, $89.99.
    • Three External Antennas + One Internal Antenna
    • Alexa & IFTTT Support
    • VPN server
    • Smart Connect
    • Airtime Fairness
tplink-archer-a10-a20.jpg
  • Archer A10 AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router – 800 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 1733 Mbps @ 5 GHz, five Gbps ports (four LAN, one WAN), $139.99.
    • Three External Antennas
    • Alexa & IFTTT Support
    • Band Steering
    • Airtime Fairness
    • VPN server
  • Archer A20 AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router – 750 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz and 1625 Mbps @ 5 GHz (x 2), five Gbps ports (four LAN, one WAN) and two USB Ports (one v2.0, one v3.0), $199.99.
    • Six external antennas
    • 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU
    • Alexa & IFTTT Support
    • HomeCare Security Suite (AV, Parental Control and QoS)
    • Link Aggregation for 2Gbps max link rates
    • Range Boost
    • Beamforming
All six Archer A Series routers are set up and managed via web interface or with TP-Link’s Tether app (supporting Android and iOS).

As for availability, the Archers A6, A7 and A9 are available now. The A20 is scheduled for release later this month, while the A5 and A10 are both scheduled for release in May 2019. For information about other TP-Link Archer A Series features, visit the company website at tp-link.com.

Attachments

• tp-link-logo.jpg
    tp-link-logo.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 507
What's the difference between the A and C series of TP-Link routers? In specific the A9 and the C9 by Tp-Lin routers?

What's the difference between the A and C series of TP-Link routers? In specific the A9 and the C9 by Tp-Lin routers?
All C9 versions use Broadcom hardware while the A9 (v6) uses an obscure WiSoC from Qualcomm. An Archer A9 v5 model which is identical to the C9 v5 was released in Japan. The Qualcomm-based A9 v6 supports MU-MIMO and may support 4 tx/rx chains for the 2.4GHz bgn radio instead of only 3. It also only has a single USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 port like the Broadcom models.

Hardware comparison of C9/A9 models on WikiDevi

All C9 versions use Broadcom hardware while the A9 (v6) uses an obscure WiSoC from Qualcomm. An Archer A9 v5 model which is identical to the C9 v5 was released in Japan. The Qualcomm-based A9 v6 supports MU-MIMO and may support 4 tx/rx chains for the 2.4GHz bgn radio instead of only 3. It also only has a single USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 port like the Broadcom models.

I was wondering how they could offer these at 20% to 30% off. :)

I am almost hoping Amazon sends me V5 so I can get the Broadcom chip inside for the A9 but if the Qualcomm chip is better then I am good with that too. Thank you for your help.

I am almost hoping Amazon sends me V5 so I can get the Broadcom chip inside for the A9 but if the Qualcomm chip is better then I am good with that too. Thank you for your help.
The Archer A9 v5 is not approved to be sold in the US (or probably anywhere in North America for that matter). If you buy an Archer A9 in the US you will get the v6 model with the Qualcomm chips.

There is also the NEW Archer AX6000 with a 2.5Gbps WAN port to make fully use of the 1Gbps internet access.
One thinks it would be standard on all serious router manufacturers a while ago if you ask me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!