What's new

TP-Link Announces Walmart-exclusive, sub-$100 Wi-Fi 6 Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
tplink-archer-x3000-x1500.jpg
The aggressively-priced dual-stream Archer AX1500 and quad-stream Archer AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 routers will be sold exclusively at Walmart.

The 4-stream Archer AX3000 is powered by a dual-core Intel CPU and provides maximum link rates of 2402 Mbps @ 5 GHz and 574 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz. Physical Interfaces include 5 Gigabit ports (one WAN and four LAN) and one USB 2.0 port.

At an MSRP of $69.99, the bare-bone Archer AX1500 is the first AX router to break the $100 price point. It uses a tri-core CPU and delivers maximum link rates of 1201 Mbps @ 5 GHz and 300 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz. Like the AX3000, it also includes 5 Gigabit ports (one WAN and four LAN), but no USB ports.

Designed similarly on the outside, these Archer devices also share similar features, including four external antennas, can be managed using TP-Link’s Tether app, and are backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi standards.

Both routers will be available at Walmart next week with the Archer AX3000 priced at $129.99 and the Archer AX1500 priced at $69.99.

Last edited:
In reading both products users manual, they don’t seem to support WiFi Media Bridge mode. At these prices it would have made a nice add on to my A/V system (bridged to something like the AX88u)

Where are the test results? I thought this site did router testing.

Super interested in seeing a review of the AX1500

if you are super interested in a router that only does 2402 Mbps( on its 5 gig then you are easily excited as most wireless AC routers do close anyway @2167Mbps

you wont see a real wifi 6 ax router with the 4804Mbps ax standard this side of prob $400 usa money in australia prob $600

guys dont be fooled by the word wifi 6 or ax , its all in the specs and you get what you pay for

if you are super interested in a router that only does 2402 Mbps( on its 5 gig then you are easily excited as most wireless AC routers do close anyway @2167Mbps

you wont see a real wifi 6 ax router with the 4804Mbps ax standard this side of prob $400 usa money in australia prob $600

guys dont be fooled by the word wifi 6 or ax , its all in the specs and you get what you pay for

They have the ax6000 too that is 4804 at amazon for 270 too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L56SN8M/?tag=snbforums-20

Mine is devliering tommrow. I bought the AX1500 model to use as an AP

Eagerly awaiting your comparative review vs. your old AP (or main router)! :)

Eagerly awaiting your comparative review vs. your old AP (or main router)! :)

Going to replace an AC1900 TP-Link touch P5. Which has been the main AP for the past few years. It’s been great and has served its purpose. It covers my entire 2 story home without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to replace an AC1900 TP-Link touch P5. Which has been the main AP for the past few years. It’s been great and has served its purpose. It covers my entire 2 story home without issue.

so without sounding obvious why change it out if its worked and is working perfectly and why buy a router to do an ap's job

so without sounding obvious why change it out if its worked and is working perfectly and why buy a router to do an ap's job

This router does have an AP mode.

1. The newer firmware has individual device bandwidth usage like the Deco M5 interface has. My ASUS has this as well which is the main reason it’s my main router for its firmware. But this will show individual usage for each device live. The firmware on the Touch P5 is pretty dated.

2. Wireless AX for the few devices I have that support it.

3. Cheap price so it’s sort of a why not upgrade.

Another note I did use an TP-Link AP500 for the longest time which was a proper AP but the firmware was a nightmare which still hasn’t been fixed. Only beta firmware was ever released to fix it.

Just got around to unboxing it. It’s a very short in size compared to most

Update: Decent router so far. Firmware not so much... doesn’t show individual clients in AP mode and doesn’t show bw stats of connected devices. It doesn’t even show connected WiFi clients..

e9c7b9c124d1e551a798435ea77bc399.jpg

Last edited:
This router does have an AP mode.

1. The newer firmware has individual device bandwidth usage like the Deco M5 interface has. My ASUS has this as well which is the main reason it’s my main router for its firmware. But this will show individual usage for each device live. The firmware on the Touch P5 is pretty dated.

2. Wireless AX for the few devices I have that support it.

3. Cheap price so it’s sort of a why not upgrade.

Another note I did use an TP-Link AP500 for the longest time which was a proper AP but the firmware was a nightmare which still hasn’t been fixed. Only beta firmware was ever released to fix it.

Just got around to unboxing it. It’s a very short in size compared to most

Update: Decent router so far. Firmware not so much... doesn’t show individual clients in AP mode and doesn’t show bw stats of connected devices. It doesn’t even show connected WiFi clients..

e9c7b9c124d1e551a798435ea77bc399.jpg

You giving me seconds thoughts about getting one :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So far it’s been great range and performance wise. But AP mode is a no go firmware stand point.

Weird occurrence with the client list in AP mode is that with 15 devices connected to it wirelessly. Devices that showed up in the client list was

Only one of the wireless clients.

1 random wired client that’s not wired to it.

And the main router showing as a client

Last edited:
doesn’t show individual clients in AP mode and doesn’t show bw stats of connected devices. It doesn’t even show connected WiFi clients..
if its in AP mode the upstream router is controlling the connected clients and will show them in its connect client list

as with most wireless routers set to ap mode all functionality is bypassed apart from its wifi

if its in AP mode the upstream router is controlling the connected clients and will show them in its connect client list

as with most wireless routers set to ap mode all functionality is bypassed apart from its wifi

Yeah. But all of my APs and or routers with an AP most will list connected WiFi clients. This one won’t.

7 different models of tp link routers and there deco M5 mesh I’ve used shows WiFi connected clients without issues

This new one does not.

Hmm, not really. The upstream router may be able to track devices by arp, dhcp, etc., but it is the access point that is managing the connection of the WiFi clients. So there's usually somewhere in an AP's interface that shows the currently connected devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!