What's new

TP-Link Archer C7 V2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matlear

New Around Here
Hello all, 1st would like to thank for all the info on this site, been reading the last couple of weeks so I can choose my Wifi AC router.

So I went for the Archer C7 V2 and have put the latest firmware on there.

I am having a troubles though with local smb shares from Server 2012 R2 to my tablet / laptop.

Can somebody tell me if the below speeds are acceptable for an AC router ?

Test was using my nvidia shield tablet 5 feet away from the router. Tests in Red are on the 2.4ghz and in green 5ghz, Test 1,2 and 5,6 are tcp connections and 3,4 and 7,8 is a shared folder on smb.

The server being used is on gigabit ethernet and connected directly to the Archer c7.

I just cant figure out why my smb shares are so slow??? The shield tablet is connected @ 300mbps!!

Thanks for any input guys, Im going to test with my laptop this afternoon as it is equipped with a Intel AC 7260 Card.

screenshot.jpg

I would try a wired connection and see if it gives you what you want as wireless has its limitations on bandwidth. This will tell you if it is a wireless issue or network issue. Then you can plug your wired connection into a switch without going through the router. Work your way back to your server testing to figure out what are the bottle necks in your network. Then of course the server needs to be analyzed. At some point you will figure out the limitations of your hardware. The weakest link is the controlling factor. This is how you figure out how to speed things up by upgrading the weakest link. Be sure to check network drivers and firmware for server and client NICs.

Last edited: