What's new

TP Link AV500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cluelessfb

New Around Here
Hi

I own a TP LINK powerline adaports - they emit WIFI signals, by this they are recycling the current WIFI signal. My problem is that sometimes during the week there is no internet connection although a wifi signal is being emitted.

Bare in mind i have one powerplug in the living room and then the other is in the loft of the house.....

providing a link for your reference

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...6580!&ef_id=VsiyeQAABDM-smBV:20160312174658:s

I have no idea whether the power plugs do not communicate with eachother as the transfer lights disappear/stop flashing. But then some time late it will be up and running.

Apologies before hand im not very "Techy".

Is there something that gets turned on during those times that interferes with the PLA?

No nothing, because this happens at random times. I was beginning to think the items may have some fault? If in theory there is some interference what would be the best and efficient method to conclude this?

No nothing, because this happens at random times. I was beginning to think the items may have some fault? If in theory there is some interference what would be the best and efficient method to conclude this?

Something doesn't need to be turned on in your premises. It could be much further than that depending on how the wiring is inside your home.

If you want to test, put them closer (in the same room or at least the same circuit breaker) and see if they drop the connection again.

Thank you.

But i have no idea about how to figure out what is in the same circuit breaker....

That is easy. Leave one PLA connected to your router (or, substitute a lamp for the PLA until you find the right breaker, below).

Go to your breakers and switch off each one (one at a time) until you find the breaker that switches your PLA' power off. Now, leave the breaker 'off'.

(NOTE: turn off all your electronic devices that are connected to AC power when doing the above).

With another lamp, plug into various plugs in various rooms until you find one that doesn't power the lamp. Go switch the breaker 'on'.

Those two outlets can now be used for your test with the second PLA.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!