What's new

TP-LINK AV600 Powerline Wifi Extender??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JdeFalconr

New Around Here
I'm quite enamored with TP Link's TL-WPA4220KIT, the powerline range extender. I love the idea of a powerline kit and an AP in one, along with what looks like an extra network port on the AP unit that I could connect to a switch or provide a wired connection if I want.

My trouble now, however, is that it looks like the TL-PA6010KIT, the AV600 powerline kit, absolutely kills the AV500 offerings from TP-Link in terms of bandwidth. It would be ideal to have an AV600 version of the TL-WPA4220KIT. Unfortunately such a thing does not yet exist.

Anyone know if that's going to happen soon? Or should I just bite the bullet and get the slower (but still relatively quick) AV500 TL-WPA4220KIT? If anything that AV500 model is cheaper than the AV600 one. If there's a comparable product from another manufacturer I'm open to that as well.

How soon? No idea. I'd say they'll probably do it at some point. However, check their US or international website. They'll generally show upcoming products 2-4 months before they hit the streets (they seem to average around 10 weeks). So you'll see a "coming soon".

I haven't been checking their stuff for too long, but I haven't seen any products that they simply drop without announcing and putting up on their site at least a couple of months before they actually take it to market.

So if they don't have one up there, assume a minimum of 2 months from now, if not longer.