What's new

TP-Link good router, POOR SUPPORT!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D Palowitch

New Around Here
After basic troubleshooting, and an hour of not being able to understand her broken English, tech support said someone from the RMA department would email an RMA. After one week of waiting, I had to call them to get the RMA. I shipped the defective router to them at my expense and they received it on June 26, 2016. No further response from them except a few "We are SORRY" emails. Three phone calls to the RMA department, and I was assured they would send out a new replacement. This is July 22, 2016 and still no emails. I am now without a router ($137.00) and $18.00 shipping. Very poor support from a reputable company like them. Two year warranty and support is a joke.

when you get an rma you just take it to a retailer you purchased it from and have it replaced with a new one , you shouldnt have to send it to the manufacturer at all , but yes tp link support is hopeless

Thanks Pete.
I just got an email that tp-link just sent a replacement router. Only one month, now that is service :)().
Purchased from Amazon US. Did not know they would honor tp-link's RMA.
Good to know.

After basic troubleshooting, and an hour of not being able to understand her broken English, tech support said someone from the RMA department would email an RMA.

If it's fresh out of the box, and doesn't work, return it for exchange or refund...

The OEM's don't like this as stores do collect these stats as part of the B2B relationship, but don't waste time...

Thanks Pete.
I just got an email that tp-link just sent a replacement router. Only one month, now that is service :)().
Purchased from Amazon US. Did not know they would honor tp-link's RMA.
Good to know.
one month :O that is very long. Every issue i had on amazon gets sorted within days. I wouldnt say tp-link or even dlink to be a reputable company, the quality and practices are a reason such as dlink with their key leaks and tp-link with their hidden backdoors at one point (they would disable WAN port in the past if you install non tp-link firmware).

A few years ago i had to RMA a GPU in the UK and they ASUS UK website doesnt have GPU as an RMA catogary. emailed someone higher up and within less than a month i got a GPU replacement. I think ASUS UK still doesnt have GPUs on their support/RMA section today.

I have had Amazon give me a refund after almost 3 months of ownership of a product. They only gave me 80% refund, but that was fine given the alternative was tossing the thing in the creek. I couldn't sell it to someone else and feel good about it. So Amazon really is quite flexible, if you need it.

That was the time that I learned that it doesn't pay to wait for a certain well-known router company to fix their very broken firmware.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!