What's new

TP-Link Router - Cloning WAN MAC address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gary2

New Around Here
Hi Everyone,

I have a TP-Link 8960N ADSL Router and I attempting to clone the WAN mac address of another router for my broadband connection.
I have logged in to the page 'setting mac address clone' and the buttons 'restore default' and 'clone' on the far right of the box is 'greyed out' (please see pic below).
There is another page in the TP-Link Router called 'Wide Area Network (WAN) Service Setup' - please see pic below -( not sure if its related to the 'setting mac address clone' page )- which I don't know how to configure.
I have contacted TP-Link Customer support but their instructions still haven't provided a solution and the user manual doesn't explain its configuration.
It would be of tremendous help if another user could assist / help in configuring these pages so that I can insert the WAN mac address of my other router.
Thank you guys.

DSCF3561_zpshkti8sdm.jpg

DSCF3581_zpsvckvpkpx.jpg