What's new

TP link TL PA511 not updating to lastest firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pacman19

New Around Here
Hello, i have 2 of these adpaters TL PA511 one is hardware v1.0 and it has a passthrough plug socket the other has no passthrough and is v1.1. They are both on firmware version 5-0-5010-02-655-20101105-FINAL-B when i try to update to the latest firmware both of them it says firmware update sucessfull but when i check the version in the utility it shows the same old firmware 5-0-5010-02-655-20101105-FINAL-B. I have asked tplink support via chat and was told that both my adpters are faulty i only just bought the v1.1 2 months ago. This is the firmware im trying to upload onto both adapters recomennded by tplink support via chat TL-PA511(UK)_V1_20130614_IDA, does any one have any ideas what is wrong if so i would really appreciate your help.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/81663

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/81653

EDIT:

Maybe you should try installing the TL-PA511_V1_120625 (non-US) version instead. That seems to be newer than what you have.

I'm not sure the version you're trying to install is actually appropriate. Even though it says "UK" the Chinese text translates to:
Release date: 2013-06-14
Model Name: TL-PA511 (UK) 1.0
General Description: TL-PA511 (UK) V1.0 Singapore Special Edition Software
Publisher: Pan Chao
Contact number: 35899-3230

[Special order / custom order / contact list description]
TIB_RJZZ_13083

[Test completion]
The test part test has been completed.

[Document Description / Version Information]
Hardware version: TL-PA511 (UK) V1.0
Upgrade file: pa511v1_en_plc_up(130614).rar
Software version: ar7400-v5.0.1-02-0-X-FINAL.nvm

[Software Description]
Special software was produced in accordance with the latest "IDA TS PLC" standard for software upgrades in Singapore. A PIB file conforming to the IDA standard was created and the prescaler file was modified.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply, ive just tried version 120625 uk version but now its saying update failed. I contacted tp link support via chat and i gave my model no and the agent gave me the link to update to this TL-PA511(UK)_V1_20130614_IDA when i tried to upload that firmware it completed but when i check the version its the same as before. [URL='https://static.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-PA511_V1_120625.zip']TL-PA511_V1_120625 this version i have just tried but it keeps saying update failed[/URL]

Hi Colin thanks for the help, ive asked on tplink forums and was told that the pib version will not change after firmware update or something, so the 2013 firmware says its sucessful for both adpters and both adapters are still working so im going to leave it at that, thanks again for the reply and help.

If 2013 is the year of the firmware run to your nearest store and buy another router.

This is a problem with TP-Link in that they drop software support very fast. I had one of their business routers once and they did the same thing to me and their router by dropping software support after 1 year.