What's new

TP-Link’s AC5400 MU-MIMO Router Is Now Available For Purchase

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
TP-LINK today said its Archer C5400 introduced in January at CES 2016 is now shipping.

tplinkarcherc5400.jpg

The Archer C5400 is powered by a 1.4 GHz, dual-core Broadcom processor and three additional co-processors in each radio. Maximum link rates are 1000 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 2167 Mbps for each of its two 5 GHz bands. MU-MIMO is supported on both 5 GHz radios.

Other features include Broadcom's proprietary NitroQAM modulation, Smart Connect and mobile management using TP-Link’s Tether app (available for IOS and Android).

For physical connections, the Archer C5400 includes five Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports (four LAN, one WAN) for wired networking, and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports for file sharing.

The TP-Link Archer C5400 is exclusively available at Office Depot and Newegg.com for $299.99 MSRP and includes a 2-year warranty.

At least the prices are starting to come down.

At least the prices are starting to come down.

that would be just over $408 aud and pretty steep for any tp link as their claim to fame is value for money , yes its certainly cheaper that the asus rt-ac5300 at $488 aud , but if you going to spend the other side of $400 you would really need to make some informed decisions

guessing its got similar hardware to the other 5300ac class routers so if your just after pure wifi performance it should be ok although i wonder if tp link have the smart connect anywhere close to working as it should and if that mu-mimo is actually working yet

this bit makes me laugh

NitroQAMTM and 4-Stream
Support Maximum Wi-Fi Speed

The Archer C5400 gets a performance boosts of up to 25%, thanks to NitroQAM™ (1024-QAM) and 4-Stream. These advanced technologies allow the router’s 2.4GHz band and both of its 5GHz bands to provide industry-leading speeds of up to 1000Mbps and 2167Mbps, respectively. With NitroQAM and 4-Stream, you can game at the highest settings without lagging.

and the image below it

http://www.tp-link.us/products/details/cat-5506_Archer-C5400.html

So many routers launching yearly now it's tough these days to be a router enthusiast.

So many routers launching yearly now it's tough these days to be a router enthusiast.

Its like (window) shopping, you don't have to buy everything that you look at. Just wait until it's the right time and the right piece of hardware comes along. Don't think that anything TP-Link (Mr. Third-party firmware banner) is going to be that one for me. But you're right, if you had to own every high-end router that comes out to have fun with routers, it would be way too expensive for 99% of us *smile*.

Love the R7800 I just got *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!