What's new

TPLink EAP225v3 and Asus RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Christian Briere

New Around Here
Hi guys,

My old RT-N66U is working fine but I wanted to get AC 5ghz in my house. I did a couple of research and founb the TP-Link EAP225v3 to be a very good candidate for replacing my Asus.

First, my access point location is in the basement (I have a ground floor only and basement), on a tablet I installed where I centralize my patch panel, switch, modem and router. It is like at the top of a door (next of it). Installed the TP-link, did the configuration, cool, I like it.

When it comes to the signal, I first configured to 12dbm, then my roku in my living room got almost no signal. Changed the tx power to 16, and finally to 20 dbm. Seems to be working fine now.

if I compare to my Asus, I can get 5ghz a little bit outside of my house, while not with the TP-Link. I can configure a maximum of 22dbm on it. Even at 20dbm, 5ghz, it doesn't go outside. I know I should put an AP in my roof top, that would fix the thing.

I am not an expert at Wifi, I know the TP-Link is ceilling mount, but, should I go with an access point with external Antenna instead? Should I set it to 22dbm? anyone has the EAP225v3 ?

By the way, I see error packets on 5ghz on the tplink, which I don't like.

Thanks for any suggestion :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!