What's new

Traffic Analyzer - Statistic and eavesdropping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rhialto

I haven't enabled any part of the router where it ask to accept Trend Micro EULA like most of the stuff in AiProtection, I don't need this anyway.

But I see the Traffic Analyzer - Statistic section could be great to use and when I turn it on it asks to accept Trend Micro EULA.

Now I wonder why because I think all is done on the router and not at TM ends, right? I just don't want any stuff, URLs, IPs, whatever sent to Trend Micro. I have nothing to hide but you know these days... there is eavesdropping almost everywhere so I tried to limit it when I can and see no reason for it.

I tried searching on this and I only found this conversation.

Anyone have a clue?

Traffic Analyzer uses the Trend Micro DPI engine. The EULA covers the whole engine, not just a subset of it (or otherwise they would need to have three different EULAs).

Analysis is done entirely through the locally downloaded signatures AFAIK, however only Trend Micro would know for sure.

And do you know if I accept for that specific part if it will accept for AiProtection too? I would still keep it disabled but was wondering if it's a single flag that's good for everything TM related in the router.

And do you know if I accept for that specific part if it will accept for AiProtection too? I would still keep it disabled but was wondering if it's a single flag that's good for everything TM related in the router.

As I said, there's only one single EULA for the whole engine, so once you accept the EULA, it's valid for the whole TM engine.