What's new

Traffic Monitoring of multiple different subnets! (VlAN/DHCP)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tyr

New Around Here
Device: RT-N66U
Firmware: 380.69

Hello everyone,
i attached a tp-link access point to my router and created vlans for several SSIDs.
In addition i would like to use the traffic monitoring of the router as i did before.
I noticed that only the devices directly attached to the routers are being monitored.
(Except the accespoint itself. This one is not in the list!?)

Router Subnet:
192.168.160.1 - 255.255.255.0

Accesspoint IP:

VLAN1 Subnet:
192.168.200.1 - 255.255.255.0
VLAN2 Subnet:
192.168.210.1 - 255.255.255.0
... and so on

Is there any way to change the ip range that is being monitored?
Where are these settings located?
What are the dependencies for the Traffic Monitor? DCHP? Main Network of router settings?
Does every ip range subnet work?

I want all DCHP ranges to be monitored. (192.168.160.1/24, 192.168.200.1/24, 192.168.210.1/24....)
Thanks in advance!

Is there any way to change the ip range that is being monitored?
No that's not possible. The Traffic Monitoring information comes from the router's network interface statistics, they are not related to IP address ranges.

No that's not possible. The Traffic Monitoring information comes from the router's network interface statistics, they are not related to IP address ranges.
Thanks for your reply!

So why are vlans not affected? They do run over the ethernet port as well.
Is there no workaround to get all ip ranges monitored?
Subnet in subnet or something like that ? :D

I just need the vlans use different ip ranges so i can monitor the traffic for each ssid.

Thanks for your reply!

So why are vlans not affected? They do run over the ethernet port as well.
Is there no workaround to get all ip ranges monitored?
Subnet in subnet or something like that ? :D

I just need the vlans use different ip ranges so i can monitor the traffic for each ssid.
Sorry, I might have misunderstood what you were seeing/asking.

The Asus doesn't have VLAN support (on the LAN) so AFAIK all the traffic from an external access point will be seen as "wired" traffic. I don't know how your VLANs are setup or how you're doing their routing so that might be confusing the Traffic Monitor.

Sorry, I might have misunderstood what you were seeing/asking.

The Asus doesn't have VLAN support (on the LAN) so AFAIK all the traffic from an external access point will be seen as "wired" traffic. I don't know how your VLANs are setup or how you're doing their routing so that might be confusing the Traffic Monitor.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/u...point-with-home-guest-wifi.32125/#post-255259

Thanks again ColinTaylor!
I did exactly what is described in this posting.
Its working very well with the ssids being tagged with the vlan ids in the ap.
Now the last step is monitoring the traffic for all ips.

I see. Sorry, you're on your own with that. You're using an unsupported configuration to create non-standard interfaces. It's not surprising that the Traffic Monitor isn't compatible with it.