What's new

Trend Micro™ Smart Home Network Malicious Sites Blocking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snakebite3

I'm not sure if this is right place to post this
Is it just me or Is Trend Micro blocking some of the elements on this website?
http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/paint-to-the-tile
I notice "bandcamp.com/cart/contents" is missing. The page doesn't load properly. Is there a way to fix this?

This problem was there on FW 378.50. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Signature Version?
Does Signature Version update automatically or it only come with the FW? I was assuming the Malicious Sites Blocking checks "http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com" but it say it's safe.

Edit: Currently Using 378.52.2 on RT-AC68u.

Last edited:
Run the following command over SSH to determine what was blocked by Trend Micro's WRS:

Code:
bwdpi wrs_url | grep Block

If it doesn't show up there, then your problem lies elsewhere.

Signatures are automatically downloaded and updated. The latest as of today is 1.038.

Run the following command over SSH to determine what was blocked by Trend Micro's WRS:

Code:

Signatures are automatically downloaded and updated. The latest as of today is 1.038.
Turning the function off makes the page display correctly. Using Tor browser make the page display correctly. With that function on. I'll check that command after I reply to Asus Reps PM.

Turning the function off makes the page display correctly. Using Tor browser make the page display correctly. With that function on. I'll check that command after I reply to Asus Reps PM.
I just tried that command. s1.bcbits.com is blocked. I blocked that with my firewall and got the same result. Is there a way to unblock it in Trend Micro WRS?

I just tried that command. s1.bcbits.com is blocked. I blocked that with my firewall and got the same result. Is there a way to unblock it in Trend Micro WRS?

Can you post the actual line here? The number in the line is the category under which WRS classified the site, it usually explains why it was blocked.

No, there is no way to whitelist a site AFAIK.

1428902011 76 Block s1.bcbits.com
It's classified as spam. Assuming http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/ is where site blocking gets its database from.

According to Asus, this is related to a bug that they have fixed in newer versions of the official firmware. That fix was probably not part of the 4608 code I've based 378_52 on.

According to Asus, this is related to a bug that they have fixed in newer versions of the official firmware. That fix was probably not part of the 4608 code I've based 378_52 on.
I see so it could fixed in your next FW 378.53?

I see so it could fixed in your next FW 378.53?

Yes. Should also be fine with the latest stock firmware (what they used to re-test it).

Code:

Hi,

I have run into some kind of issue here. With firmware 378.52.2 it won't update automatically on my AC87U. I had to restart my router now after 14 days uptime. The new signature are 1.040. Mine was stuck at v.1.038
On my AC68U it updated automatically. I didn't had to restart that router.

The settings is the same for AC68U and AC87U.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I have run into some kind of issue here. With firmware 378.50.2 it won't update automatically on my AC87U. I had to restart my router now after 14 days uptime. The new signature are 1.040. Mine was stuck at v.1.038

Thanks

Firmware 378.50.2 or 378.52.2?

Hi,

I have run into some kind of issue here. With firmware 378.52.2 it won't update automatically on my AC87U. I had to restart my router now after 14 days uptime. The new signature are 1.040. Mine was stuck at v.1.038

My own AC87U is currently running 1.040, so the update works fine on that specific model. Just be patient, signatures are updated only once a day if I recall.

Update schedule:
1. 02:00 every two days
2. 1.5mins after rebooting

If you want to force to update signature (if you make sure there is a newer signature), you can reboot your router.