What's new

troubleshooting an asus RT-AC87R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HackitZ

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have an asus RT-AC87R running merlin 378.56_2.
It runs ok but for the past year i have to unplug the router and power back on. everything from wireless to hardwired looses connectivity.
What software or steps could i use to figure out why this happens?

I have at any given time about 30 devices connected to this router, from androids, iphones, switches, poe switches, ip cameras, laptops, tv's, receivers, and a few other devices.
if you need a better break down of my network ill explain it better, if that would help.
Thanks

Hi all,

I have an asus RT-AC87R running merlin 378.56_2.
It runs ok but for the past year i have to unplug the router and power back on. everything from wireless to hardwired looses connectivity.
What software or steps could i use to figure out why this happens?

I have at any given time about 30 devices connected to this router, from androids, iphones, switches, poe switches, ip cameras, laptops, tv's, receivers, and a few other devices.
if you need a better break down of my network ill explain it better, if that would help.
Thanks
When you say unplug and cycle the router, just turning router off/on won't do it? Anything on syslog? By any chance router is running too hot? Can you try another known good AC power adapter for the router?

When you say unplug and cycle the router, just turning router off/on won't do it? Anything on syslog? By any chance router is running too hot? Can you try another known good AC power adapter for the router?

it doesn't seem hot, I'll check sys log and see what is say's.
i always pull the power. maybe i'll try hitting the power button.
Thanks

Probably couldn't hurt to update the firmware to the latest and setup from scratch (or use Johne's backup tool). Is the router connected to the battery side of UPS?

Probably couldn't hurt to update the firmware to the latest and setup from scratch (or use Johne's backup tool). Is the router connected to the battery side of UPS?
i don't have a ups. i didn't explain myself very well. i pulled the power to the router, rather than hitting the power button.