What's new

Trying to add new mac address to filter list results in "connection refused"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PartisanEntity

Occasional Visitor
I have a strange problem.

I am running firmware version 380.59 on an Asus RT N66U.

As soon as I try to access Wireless > Wireless Mac Filter page on the router I can no longer access the router GUI. The browser will say connection refused and I have to reboot the router manually in order to access the GUI again.

I also noticed that in the mac list none of the icons are being displayed next to the each mac address.

Everything else seems to be working, my computers and laptops can access the network and internet either through LAN or Wireless.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Try having a look at your windows firewall or av software firewall or router firewall and see if any of them are blocking the UI as i had a similar issue like that and this resolved it but that was back when i had the 68u i have the 88u now ;)

You have to use ONLY capital letters in MAC list.

Tried different browsers same behaviour.

What I noticed is that if I view network activity for this page: http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_ACL_Content.asp

I see thousands of jquery requests like this one:
GET http://192.168.1.1/ajax_uploadicon.asp?clientmac=843A4B76A5D0&_=1467497043322 send @ jquery.js:5x.extend.ajax @ jquery.js:5getUploadIcon @ client_function.js:776(anonymous function) @ VM4999:1
jquery.js:5

And they are all failing. And they just keep repeating, I wait one minute and now have over 1200 requests and they just keep getting more and more (see screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-07-03 00:01:04.png
    Screenshot from 2016-07-03 00:01:04.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 359