What's new

TS-410 File System Check

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pah96

New Around Here
Hello!

I'm running 2 4bay-qnap's, one TS-410 and one TS-412. The first is "primary", the second "backup" (daily rsync). My plan still is to change this order but didn't have enought time yet.

Anyway. On the primary some more or less important stored files from monitoring seem to be not accessable suddenly. althought I could browse them at any time.
So I decided first to reboot my TS-410. Everything was fine. And as always, I got this message about "Check file system" because of the known "bug" with the locked processes why the fsck could not be done on boot. Because I'm using this NAS now for more than 1/2 year I decided then to start this "File System Check" via the WebGUI. Only to be sure everything is ok.

But: This is now more then 24 hours ago and it seems to be not ready yet. Some times the led for cpu is blinking, so there is someting going on. Unfortunely all services automatically are stopped so I have no access anymore to check out how far the process is now. I only know it has started.

Does anybody know how long a File System Check will take on a system like the TS-410, if there are no errors? How long with errors? What happens when it's finished? Will all services be restarted automatically or the box rebooted? At the moment I have no idea what my NAS is doing :confused:

Should I reboot it manually?

Kind regards,
pah96

Hello!

Did power off, wait about 1min and boot up, everything is ok!

I think that this way (shutdown), if possible and no risky operations running, is the best way to "reboot" this boxes. Only the reboot seems not to kill all processes and the initial check could not be done.

Regards,
pah96