What's new

TS-509 Pro @ MWave

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

suryjuto

New Around Here
Hi all --

I'm looking at the Qnap TS-509 Pro and MWave has a refurb for just under 600 bucks without accessories.

Any thoughts on the quality of this deal?

I'm looking at it too. QNAP does NOT provide their usual 1 year warranty for refurbished products, so that's the real gamble. In general, that's a great deal. But do we want to risk it? A computer friend of mine has heard of mwave before and they seem reputable. Also, the item could be "refurbished" because someone returned it, there was a cosmetic defect, or maybe even something burned up on the motherboard and they had to fix it. That's what I wish we knew. Another line of thought is that if something did go wrong, it's already gone wrong on that unit and they've fixed it. Overall, I can't decide between that and a new TS-439. Have you decided?

Yeah, to me it was too much of a gamble to risk it. I've decided to take the FreeNAS route. Going out at lunch time to pick up the 1.5TB drives I ordered for it.

Just found the site in the course of NAS research, sorry that this is probably late in this thread... but I'll just chip in that I snagged a QNAP TS-409 Pro off of Newegg that was an open box unit, at a great discount. Well, it didn't work out. After several days of trying to get it to work with suggestions from QNAP support I gave up and am returning it. (Newegg initially wanted to charge a restocking fee but when I questioned it they quickly rescinded it.)

The warranty situation between QNAP & Newegg is also unclear to me at the moment, as each is currently telling me that the other would be responsible for service after the 30 day return window. :confused:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!