What's new

Ubiquiti called out as a fraud

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

System Error Message

Part of the Furniture
Following this video:
This isnt the first time ubiquiti has pulled such a stunt. In their earlier days they made an ad that obviously shows them being better and more reliable than pro cisco hardware. Later on they made a pdf showing that their routers are better than mikrotik in performance even in QoS (which is clearly false as mikrotik routers dont rely on hardware NAT and give more consistent performance even with QoS and firewall). I guess the stunts dont stop.

old ubiquiti ad here:
After seeing this i question whether or not ubiquiti is viable as a solution anymore especially when mikrotik is cheaper and better.

Edit: Here is the full article http://www.citronresearch.com/citron-exposes-ubiquiti-networks/

Last edited:
I must ask, how objective are you in this situation? Most of your posts are pro-Mikrotik, so there's obvious bias.

I must ask, how objective are you in this situation? Most of your posts are pro-Mikrotik, so there's obvious bias.
True i like mikrotik but not as a brand, just their products.
As far as objectivity is concerned i've encountered ubiquiti being sneaky a number of times as i mentioned in the topic. So even misrepresenting numbers and lacking a normal company structure is something i would call suspicious especially for the size and sales the company has. This is literally the last straw when it comes to being fraudulent. Many people over market their products but to do this as a company to represent itself like this is a big red flag.

Meh, I assume most ads are BS. If I decided to get mad about the accuracy of a company's claims in their ads I'd probably never buy another mainstream product.

Meh, I assume most ads are BS. If I decided to get mad about the accuracy of a company's claims in their ads I'd probably never buy another mainstream product.
as i said, its not the accuracy of their ads that this is about, its about ubiquiti as a company, a business. The words they use, the numbers they show, those things are big red flags. false ads or bad ads not really cared much but they have been continuing the trend both on their products and their company profile and you do not want to do this with your company profile. As that guy says in the article, they are bound to be investigated and likely shut down as they even have shady distributors that they promote as their major ones.

Even everyone can see ubiquiti isnt the company it used to be and if they continue this trend they could face some serious wall street and legal investigations.

Yeah I think the biggest hitters are really having no CFO, and some of the other exec shenanigans. I guess we will see soon enough if he has the cash to finish that team buyout.

I hope they aren't as they have some products currently being refreshed that I wouldn't mind getting.

First, we need to separate the technical and financial issues. As a customer, we care more about the technical part. Financial part is more of interest in investors.

The tone of that article leaves me a tad unimpressed. It reads too much like a blogger having an axe to grind with them than as a serious, unbiased analysis. Maybe they're right, maybe they ain't. But they'd get more credibility by having a less sensationalist tone in their article. Otherwise, this reads like a pamphlet.

What is A. Left's background?

@thiggins @System Error Message

This is probably out of scope for the UBNT user community here on SNB - most are not investors - if they are, they can make their own decisions on buy/hold/sell - this is not a stock picking forum.

Within our community - the UBNT products work fine, they're good quality, and that's good enough.

@thiggins @RMerlin - let's merge this into the other thread.

We're not a stock picking forum here... it's really out of scope of the SNB community.

Disclosure - I have no financial interest in them, or their partners.

yup sounds like the rantings of someone who isnt happy with the company and is determined to make himself heard even if most of it is gibberish and sensationalism

@sfx2000 what concerns me regarding this is the longetivity of ubiquiti, the support for their products and the quality of their products in the future. It took them years just to get their Edgemax line right though some i would attribute to the SoC. If the company itself is like this it would mean their products wont be as good either and a fanatical fanbase doesnt help either.

While ubiquiti products themselves can be good if the company continues down this line we may see a reduction in the quality of their products. It remains to be seen whether ubiquiti will continue this trend or put the effort into focusing on making their company and products better instead of belittling other companies and products.

@thiggins @RMerlin - let's merge this into the other thread.

We're not a stock picking forum here... it's really out of scope of the SNB community.

Disclosure - I have no financial interest in them, or their partners.
I didn't see the other thread, and went to the most logical area to post this. Also we might not be a stock picking forum, but do you really want to buy hardware from a company who could be out of business soon? Trying to put this as simply a stock picking issue is pretty disingenuous. Not saying you are deliberately being that way, but no one in their right mind would buy hardware from a company if they were truly fraudulent and about to go down. So yeah, it is an appropriate discussion for a forum where people ask what hardware they should be getting.

yup sounds like the rantings of someone who isnt happy with the company and is determined to make himself heard even if most of it is gibberish and sensationalism
Ranting of someone who has picked this before and the rantings of apparently someone investors take somewhat serious, so there is that. Not saying it is true, but there are some questionable things he brings up.

Ranting of someone who has picked this before and the rantings of apparently someone investors take somewhat serious, so there is that. Not saying it is true, but there are some questionable things he brings up.

Which questionable things did he bring up?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!