What's new

Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I guess I seek more reassurance/peace of mind than I've found so far reading up on UniFi. For example, their own store's search function does not show me what "Edge Light" is. {I would call their site chaotic, at best...}

And this remark. And this saga.

I'm also looking at ZyXEL's line.....whom I've dealt with before on firewalls.

What kind of peace of mind are you looking for? I use many Ubiquiti items in my house. I use their Edgerouter Lite for my main router, I use their Airmax Nanostation M Loco as a client bridge, and I use three Unifi AP's for wifi (two in the house and one outside). I get great range from the wifi and great reliability. I have never had to reboot any of my Ubiquiti equipment because of a performance or lockup problem. I only reboot them when I choose to upgrade the OS. This means they run months without a reboot.
Ubiquiti definitely saves money on their customer support. If you are the type that needs a person on the phone then your out of luck. If your the type person that can go into a forum and read up and post your questions, you are in luck. Ubiquiti forums are very good! You can usually get an answer to what you need in less than two hours. You can even just detail what your trying to do and members (as well as Ubiquiti staff) will answer with recommendations.

If your the type person that can go into a forum and read up and post your questions, you are in luck. Ubiquiti forums are very good! You can usually get an answer to what you need in less than two hours. You can even just detail what your trying to do and members (as well as Ubiquiti staff) will answer with recommendations.

I've been there. One of the issues was I found it hard to find basic data to study before posting stoopid questions. Another is Ubiq has multiple disjoint product lines; UniFi is but one of their wireless offerings. But nowhere does their site bother to say that; it took a while to grok that the AirOS gear had nothing in common with the UniFi, for example.

As an engineer, I hate judging hardware solely on the web page selling it; that's why I've here, looking for actual experience with it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!