What's new

Uctalk

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bilboSNB

According to traffic stats 7 gigs worth of this protocol has been downloaded by a machine on my network over the past week.

What is it, does anyone else see this?

I'm also starting to see UcTalk app data usage in my Traffic Analyzer ? Having large upload data amounts... Does anyone have a clue what it is?

Using FreshJR QOS V8.2 with RMerlin V384.9, and Trend Micro Signature V2.112 (2019/02/22 02:00) as my test, I just found out that the Speedtest from my ISP provider via their web interface was classifying this traffic as "UcTalk", which was going into my classification "VoIP and Instant Messaging". Since I do a lot of Speedtests via that Web Interface, I decided to take all "UcTalk" traffic (000017), and move that traffic into my "File Transferring" classification, which gets the least priority of all traffic, and it works great, so that I'm not interfering with other higher priority network traffic.

Last edited:
I’m unsure if this is your unknown data issue, but a quick google look up and I noticed this post on another forum:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRouter/Traffic-Analysis-UCTalk/td-p/1384528

Thanks for this. I saw that I was uploading gigabytes of "UcTalk" but not downloading much. This comment leads me to believe it was from a friend streaming from my Plex server to her Chromecast, since the amount uploaded seems to match up with Plex's remote streaming bandwidth usage stats.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!