What's new

UDP Traffic lost on LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

erion

New Around Here
Hello,

I recently purchased an RT-AC66U b_1 router and flashed to Asuswrt Merlin 384.19.

I'm running a VoiceChat server on a Raspberry Pi, which uses both TCP and UDP for its connections.

Other people are able to connect fine through forwarded ports, via a registered domain, however, if I attempt to do the same on the local network, my UDP packets are not received by the Pi, unless I turn on App Analysis via the "Adaptive QoS -> Bandwidth Monitor" section.

Packets are also received properly if I connect through the internal LAN IP address of the Pi.

I thought that the firewall might be doing something, e.g. UDP flood protection, but there's no change if I turn it off.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any enlightening info/help in advance ☺

Edit: If this is relevant, I'm running PiHole, so the Pi is set up to have a static address, and it's used as the LAN DNS server for all local clients.