What's new

Unbound Unbound graphical statistics tab doesn't update all groups

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skywise

Occasional Visitor
I've got the UI installed for unbound for the graphical statistics tab and all the appropriate log types enabled. Generally this works but sometimes after doing an update of entware or unbound the GUI displays no data.
I almost always get the cache-hit data but sometimes the last 7/last 30 days won't expand until I do a reboot.
likewise I have log-queries, and log-local-actions and log-replies set to yes in my unbound.conf.add file but occasionally the UI tab won't pick up those stats and say "no data"

Anyone else seeing this or am I just missing something subtle?

I've got the UI installed for unbound for the graphical statistics tab and all the appropriate log types enabled. Generally this works but sometimes after doing an update of entware or unbound the GUI displays no data.
I almost always get the cache-hit data but sometimes the last 7/last 30 days won't expand until I do a reboot.
likewise I have log-queries, and log-local-actions and log-replies set to yes in my unbound.conf.add file but occasionally the UI tab won't pick up those stats and say "no data"

Anyone else seeing this or am I just missing something subtle?
After reboot at times my log-local-actions was set to no. Check after reboot if your log-replies etc sticks or not.

Code:
oq log-queries
oq log-local-actions

I have to manually set to yes after reboot
Code:
ox log-local-actions yes

After reboot at times my log-local-actions was set to no. Check after reboot if your log-replies etc sticks or not.

Code:
oq log-queries
oq log-local-actions

I have to manually set to yes after reboot
Code:
ox log-local-actions yes
Thanks - that's weird... is there a way to confirm it's properly parsing my unbound.conf.add file? That seems to be the obvious problem (unless it's just a b00g)

Ach! it's my bad...
I had updated unbound and it got a new conf file that had the include: directive commented out...
Except I've been in C++ land too long, saw "#include: "/opt/share/unbound/configs/unbound.conf.add" and thought that looked just dandy!

Ach! it's my bad...
I had updated unbound and it got a new conf file that had the include: directive commented out...
Except I've been in C++ land too long, saw "#include: "/opt/share/unbound/configs/unbound.conf.add" and thought that looked just dandy!
Haha yea. I was about to suggest to reinstall Unbound with log enabled again 👍🏼
Please add Unbound to your prefix, it will help others in future.