What's new

Unstable RT-AX92U aiMesh Node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Istvanwagon

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have an RT-AX88U connected wirelessly through aiMesh to two RT-AX92U access points. Strangely, one of these nodes often goes to sleep even when devices are nearest to it. Looking at the system log, it seems it is disassociating somewhat regularly. Any thoughts on what this could be?

Attachments

• syslog-2.txt
    282.3 KB · Views: 179
If you use the asus app on android / iphone, click on the node, what signal strength is it giving, 9/10 it will lose sync when the signal strength is less than 60db (ie, higher number closer to 100db) I've found. 45-50db is optimal.

Thanks. Usually it is about -57 to -60 when placed 1 floor above the router and over about 10 feet.

Even more strange, the AX-92U which is physically farther (perhaps 25 feet away and down 1 level in the basement) seems to accepts clients with no problem with about same connection strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that distance, it may be better-formed RF waves. See if slight movements (in 3D space) of the main or node with the issue resolves this? Also, make sure to test for the main/node routers orientation too (around its axis).

Thanks - seems a bit better performance on the one AP. I moved away some things from the router and actually moved one AX-92U higher and farther (18’ and one floor up) and am getting improvement to -42 dBm now. The basement one (25’ and one floor down) is still -57 dBm. Both connected at 2.4 GHz.

What is interesting now is that some clients are connecting to upstairs AP even when they are clearly closer to the router on the main floor. Even there is no 5 GHz light on the router so it is not even sending a signal for that network. When I disconnect an AP, though, then the router creates a 5 GHz network. Thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks - seems a bit better performance on the one AP. I moved away some things from the router and actually moved one AX-92U higher and farther (18’ and one floor up) and am getting improvement to -42 dBm now. The basement one (25’ and one floor down) is still -57 dBm. Both connected at 2.4 GHz.

What is interesting now is that some clients are connecting to upstairs AP even when they are clearly closer to the router on the main floor. Even there is no 5 GHz light on the router so it is not even sending a signal for that network. When I disconnect an AP, though, then the router creates a 5 GHz network. Thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you saying your wireless backhaul distances are 18' and 25'?

Are you saying you do not see 2.4 and 5.0 backhaul MACs/entries in the Wireless Log for each node (two wireless backhauls per node)?

Edit: Just read the other AX92U threads here... seems there are some firmware issues that cannot be resolved.

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!