What's new

update AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cazzoi

Regular Contributor
hi all.

i just wanted to hear if 3.0.0.4.378.5134 update is a stable firmware ? and does the it follow the 5ghz fix with it ? atm im on the 3.0.0.4.378.4608 update. im on the dashboard of the asus in the settings of to update it. it says it already have the lastest firmware dont know why. it show on the asus website it have the 3.0.0.4.378.5134 update.

5134 is now fully released. I haven't bothered to upgrade to it, as it offers very little over 4950, but there have been no bad reports so I'd say it's good.

4950, and so 5134 too, has major improvements over 4608, so if on 4608 I'd say go for it - but do a full hard reset before and after updating and reinput settings manually from the browser.

If already on 4950 it's a more marginal, personal decision. As I said, I've decided to skip this one.

5134 is now fully released. I haven't bothered to upgrade to it, as it offers very little over 4950, but there have been no bad reports so I'd say it's good.

4950, and so 5134 too, has major improvements over 4608, so if on 4608 I'd say go for it - but do a full hard reset before and after updating and reinput settings manually from the browser.

If already on 4950 it's a more marginal, personal decision. As I said, I've decided to skip this one.
how do i do a full reset ?

but does 5134 have the same update as the 4950 i mean some of the 4950 have or do i need to update em one after the other one ?

If you are on 4950 and already done a reset then you can indeed avoid it... almost safe. And if your router act weird (it was not the case here) then you know what to do. :)

But Cazzoi, you said you were on 4608. That is why I said you needed a hard reset.

am on 4608. yes :) but do i need to do that all the time when i update the router ? there no other past a hard reset. gotta do all the settings agian. start from the default firmware when i started installing the router

If you are on 4950 and already done a reset then you can indeed avoid it... almost safe. And if your router act weird (it was not the case here) then you know what to do. :)
sorry i was on 4608 update. typo

You need to reset on "big" updates, that include when wireless radio firmware is changed. This happened between 4608 an 4950, so needed for 4608-5134 too.

Otherwise, you can try to just reboot, but do a reset if you have weird problems after.

Ok i did 5 sec reset behind the router then i set everything up but the weridest thing it was stil at the 4608 atm now im just updating the router to 5134. Um ok thats werid it just finish installing it. It didt say i needed to restart it

i think it all good now maybe idk ... it says it on 5134 now

another question if anyone dont mind that QOS. does anyone know what the best settings for a PS4 is ? or does anyone use QOS im pretty new to all this. i never use ASUS before i always had an netgear.

I would beware of that in this situation. I had very od trouble after the 4608 update that may have been due to using John's tool. I'm not sure it didn't restore something that should have changed.

Yes, I agree to not trust it blindly. But the text file of all the settings will save you from having to do screen saves of the router's gui or write it all down manually.

another question if anyone dont mind that QOS. does anyone know what the best settings for a PS4 is ? or does anyone use QOS im pretty new to all this. i never use ASUS before i always had an netgear.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!