What's new

Updated to 3.0.0.4.384_45713 on RT-AC88U: Now Lan ports 5-8 are Dead...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

p3ter

Occasional Visitor
Hi All, first post here. I have recently updated to 3.0.0.4.384_45713 on my RT-AC88U, and since then, everything on Ports 5-8 on the back is dead. Anything connected to those 4 ports will not work. DCHP fails, and anything plugged into those ports is uncontactable (even on fixed IP address).

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Also I don't have a backup of the previous version, Can anyone help me with where I need to go to downgrade?

Thanks!

Common issue in the 88. Nothing to do with the fw upgrade.
Power off, fully disconnect power lead, power on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the fast response. I now need to negotiate with 4 kids and see when I can power off the Internet!

Just do it, I dare say they can survive 2 mins of talking to each other in person!!

Just do it, I dare say they can survive 2 mins of talking to each other in person!!

Yeah, like I do when playing with configurations that restart the firmware. Just do it and say "Whooops - sorry!!!"

Thanks, I took the easy way out and reset during dinner :rolleyes: It seems like Wired networking and DHCP on ports 5-8 has been restored, but unfortunately based on assuming this was upgrade related, and seeing other answers here I figured the first step was a factory reset, so now it will take some time for me to get things back to normal!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!